Wednesday, 4 January 2017

Kiko Milano Eye Base Primer


Today I'm going to talk about one of the best eye primers I've tried. 

Introducing ... ta da ... Kiko Milano Eye Base Primer!

I discovered this a couple of years ago, around the time I discovered the Kiko Milano brand on a trip to London.  I bought a few things on that trip, an eye shadow, two kohl pencils and a face base primer (which I loved so much I'm on my second one now). 

Kiko are one of my favourite brands and this product is one I will always replace because it is just SO good.  I've had mixed results with eye bases, some are the wrong colour, some I find greasy and one I really loved (Clarins) changed slightly and was never as good as the first one (boo hoo Clarins!) so I stopped buying that.  Eye base does help my eye shadow to stay put for longer and it helps with blending, I don't feel like the brush is dragging across my eyelids.  It also stops all that pesky creasing, particularly on cream based shadows which, by their sheer nature, have a tendency to sit in eyelid creases. 

There are two bases to choose from, Pearly and Neutral Eye Base.  I use the neutral one as I find it gives a smoother finish and suits the natural colour of my eyelids but pearly is pretty too.  These bases cost £7.90 which is a most excellent price for such a product, proof that you don't have to have an expensive product for it to have pride of place in your make up bag! 

Kiko Milano have shops all over, definitely in Manchester and London as I've been to both but on the website there is a list of stores you can check out.  If there's not one near you, the online store is really good, I've ordered several items online and have been really pleased with everything I've bought.

Below is the link to the base on the Kiko website
Eye Base Primer

Maria xx

4 comments:

  1. This sounds great! I usually just use concealer or my Too Faced Shadow Insurance this is significantly less expensive, love Kiko! Thanks for sharing xxx

    ALittleKiran | Bloglovin

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am such a huge fan of this primer! It reminds me a lot of the Too Faced one, but without the hefty price tag! So bummed I didn't pick up more when I was in Italy. They don't ship to Australia :(


    Laura || www.thelifeoflaura.com.au

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh I might just have to give this a try! I am so glad I came across your blog, you are doing an amazing job with it.. you should be proud! x

    adelelydia.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you all for your lovely comments, it's still my favourite eyeshadow primer, I've recently tried the Clarins one again but it just doesn't compare (sorry Clarins)!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to read this post and to comment, I really appreciate it! Maria xx