Tuesday, 29 November 2016

Need a balm for Winter lips? Try AVON Anew Lip Plumping Conditioner

Brrr, it's chilly out there today!  It made me think about what I use on my face because the temperature has dropped so much in the last couple of days that I've really had to re-think my skincare routine and the cosmetic products I use on my face. 

Regular readers to this blog will know that I am a little bit of a lipstick addict (putting it mildly), I always have been and rarely go out with completely bare lips but in the Winter I think it's even more important to cover your lips with a lipstick, gloss or balm when you go outside.  The cold weather can wreak havoc on your skin and make your lips really sore (I can vouch for this I did one dog walk at the weekend without anything on my lips and I've been suffering ever since).  When you twin this with being run down or having a cold (your skin is the first thing to dry out as your body diverts water elsewhere) then basically things aren't looking very good.  Those of us that get the dreaded cold sores are also at risk of an outbreak when we are run down or out in very cold weather.
 
Avon ANEW Lip Plumping Conditioner

When I placed my last Avon order I thought I would get a couple of bits for myself, alongside a couple of nail polishes (Gel Shine is my favourite nail polish brand at the moment) and I thought I'd try a lipstick from the ANEW range.  I'm already a big fan of their skincare products (blog post coming soon on that) but I hadn't tried any make up. 

So this is what I got.

Name

Avon ANEW Lip Plumping Lip Conditioner

Price

£9.00 (this is down to £5.50 in some Campaigns, keep an eye out)

What's it got in it?

SPF15 with plumping retinol and collagen

What colours are there?

Berry Tint (reddish)
Honey Tint (brownish)
Rose Tint (pinkish)
Colourless


Verdict

I'll be honest, I've never been one for lip balms, mainly because I find they don't give a great deal of colour and they rub off easily which means you have to reapply every five seconds (well, that's an exaggeration but you know what I mean).  I'm very impressed with this though, it gave a really good colour, I used Berry Tint as I wanted a reddish colour for this time of year, if it had been Spring or Summer I probably would have bought Rose Tint instead.


Wearing Berry Tint


I wasn't sure of the price at first, personally I think £9.00 is a lot of money to part with if you're not sure of the product but then when you compare them to the likes of Revlon, Max Factor and Cover Girl etc, their lipsticks are a similar price so I can kind of reconcile that one and, having used this one I would purchase one in another colour, think I will get Rose Tint next. 

I have to say it did last quite a long while and, I'm pleased to report did not bleed into the little lines round my lips (something all ladies of a certain age will understand and be quite thankful for).  My lines aren't bad but they are there and there are some lipsticks that are a bit of a no-no now I'm getting older.  The retinol and collagen will have helped with the plumping out of the lines I think.  It's nice packaging too, quite sleek but feels substantial, I have been keeping mine in my coat pocket for top ups!

To check out all things Avon please go to the Avon Store you will find these in the lipstick and ANEW sections.


Don't forget to click the links on the right hand side bar →→ for more lipstick reviews!

Maria
xx

2 comments:

  1. Great post! I love avon products.

    www.simplymee89.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I do too! Next year I'm merging my Avon blog with this one so there'll be more Avon chat in 2017 x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to read this post and to comment, I really appreciate it! Maria xx