Tuesday, 8 November 2016

Chatting about ... Eyelash Primers

Today I thought I'd chat about eyelash primers.  I first discovered eyelash primer when I got one as part of my August Glossybox subscription last year, it was from Manna Kadar.  Prior to that I'd not really heard of eyelash primer, though to be fair there does seem to be a primer for everything else so why not eyelashes too?

Manna Kadar Eyelash Primer

I'll admit, I was dubious as to whether eyelash primers were really necessary.  Sometimes I feel there are a lot of products on the market that perhaps we don't actually really need, but that's the beauty industry I guess.  It seemed to me that eyelash primer was just another thing to put on and remember and if you've not got much time in the mornings then it's a bit of a pain in the neck. 

That said, I was pleased with the Manna eyelash primer.  It lengthened my lashes and was the perfect undercoat for mascara, (reviewed last year in Why A Glossybox Subscription is a Good Idea)   I started to use it regularly though and I thought I would try another brand to see if it was the same.  On an online trip to www.beautybay.com I found one from blinc, a brand I'd heard of but never used.  Their lash primer was on sale so it seemed that it was meant to be.

Unfortunately the blinc primer was not as good as the Manna one, it was gloopy (see photo) and made my eyelashes feel heavy, and the brush was bigger and didn't suit my lashes, I didn't rate it at all.  I went back to the Manna one which by this time was nearly all gone as I'd used it so much.  I did debate whether to replace it, I even went onto the Manna website to check it out then decided that I would give it a miss.  I think eyelash primers are a good idea, I like the thought of them nourishing and strengthening my eyelashes and they do give a lengthening appearance once mascara is applied.

That said, I've decided they aren't on my list of "must have" products, not like say, a face primer would be and therefore it's better to save my money and buy a product that I really like and know I will use rather than have one that I don't use much and then have it go off. 

Any thoughts on eyelash primers?

Maria xx

Want to read more?
Here's the link to another Chatting About post ... Chatting about Eco Tools Make Up Brushes


Manna Kadar and blinc


Manna Kadar and blinc (quite gloopy)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to read this post and to comment, I really appreciate it! Maria xx