Tuesday, 10 November 2015

Maybelline Dream Flawless Nude Foundation


I have to tell you about this because this is the first time I've been super impressed with a foundation since I wrote a post on No7 Lift & Luminate about two years ago. 

Recently I have had a bit of a make up overhaul, I've watched quite a few YouTube videos by the make up artist Lisa Eldridge (my new go-to make up person), in particular I've focussed on foundation and from her I've learned how to choose the right shade for my skin colour and how to apply.  I've even used a foundation brush! 

I'll be honest, I don't really know why I chose this one, I hadn't seen any reviews, nor any adverts on TV or even in magazines.  I just happened to be browsing the Maybelline products in Boots and came across it.  As it's a foundation fluid and the consistency is light I thought it would be a good one to try with my foundation brush and I was right.  There's a sort of little spatula attached to the top where you can put a bit on your hand then dip your brush in, or dab a bit here and there on your face (this is my preferred way as I find it blends easier if it's not been on my hand first). 



As I said the consistency is very light and once blended does give a flawless appearance, even on the worst skin days.  The key to it is to blend, blend, blend (I'm quoting Lisa Eldridge here) that way you can make sure that it's really sunk into your skin and if there's a bit that needs more coverage you can go over that area separately.  I'm using number 10, Ivory which is the lightest colour but there are six other shades to choose from, Nude, Sand, Fawn, Sun Beige, Cameo and Natural Beige. 

What I like about it is that even though it does smooth out my skin, it doesn't look cakey or unnatural and it doesn't feel thick, my skin can still breathe.  It reminds me very much of a foundation I used to wear a long time ago by Cover Girl, in the days when Cover Girl was still sold in shops in the UK but this is better, I guess foundations have come a long way since then!  I think I'll be using this for a while as it's definitely becoming a fast favourite and at £8.99 the price is really good too.

This is the link to Lisa's YouTube channel in case you want to check it out.  I subscribed, there's some great stuff on there and she produces new videos all the time.  www.youtube.com/lisaeldridge

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to read this post and to comment, I really appreciate it! Maria xx