Friday, 30 October 2015

My W7 Eye Shadow Heaven



Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

I have called this post W7 Eye Shadow Heaven for a reason, it's because since I discovered the W7 palettes my eye make up has really been given a new lease of life.  My favourite at the moment is a W7  eye shadow collection called "In the Buff" and there's a few reasons it's become my best friend.

I bought it from Amazon a few months ago, I'd been searching for a good deal on a Naked Basics as mine was running out and I wanted to replace it.  When I read the reviews for this almost everyone said how good it was, how long it lasted on your eyelids and how they thought it was as good as everyone's favourite Urban Decay palette.  Given that there was a £30.00 price difference between the two I decided to try the W7 (incidentally it cost £6.00 - definitely worth a try).

There is a selection of really good colours and you get a double ended applicator as well but I've managed to lose that which is why I popped in a Real Techniques brush for the photo.  The colours are a mixture of matte and shimmery shades and a couple that can be used as highlighters or on their own for a more natural look.



I found the shadows easy to apply, no fall out off the brush but be careful with the black as it's very pigmented, I use it as a liner and the first time I did it the line was all over the place, and I couldn't wipe it off easily, better to start off with a little bit and build up which is what I do now.  The consistency is lovely and I haven't had any issues with the colours disappearing into my creases during the day, I do use a primer though as I find it gives a good base and tends to help all eye shadows to last longer.  I thought priming my eyelids was a faff at first, just one more thing to put on but it's well worth it and it only takes a couple of seconds. 

All in all this is a great palette for the price so bravo to W7 I say!  It's just one of many eye shadow palettes they have on offer, Amazon keep recommending the others to me since I bought this one so I imagine another one will be added to my collection fairly soon, probably in January when I am broke after Christmas but am desperate to buy something nice for myself to get me out of the post festivities slump!  I'm partial to a blusher or two and I keep seeing the pretty W7 blusher palettes everywhere and I've read a few blog reviews on them recently and they've all been positive.  Maybe I'll get a blush instead?

1 comment:

Thank you for taking the time to read this post and to comment, I really appreciate it! Maria xx