Tuesday, 28 April 2015

Some Love Me Beauty Box Items ... Reviewed!

Does anyone get the Love Me Beauty beauty boxes?  This is a Love Me Beauty box that I received a while ago, I think before Christmas, frankly the run up to Christmas was completely mad for me so it's unsurprising that this didn't get discovered until January. Anyway, it's taken me a little while to try these products but I'm finally in a position to tell you what I think of them!

The products in the box are:

Percy & Reed Hair Shine & Fragrance Spray
Oriflame "Seeing is Believing" Eye Cream
Malin & Goetz Mojito Lip Balm
S5 Moisturising Cream for Dry Skin

Percy & Reed Hair Shine & Fragrance Spray

I've only recently tried Hair Fragrance because Federico Mahora sell it and I am a distributor for their gorgeous products.  Before then if I wanted my hair to smell nice post wash, I'd just squirt a little bit of perfume on it.  However specially made hair fragrance is much more than that, these products have got lots of lovely things in them to make your hair shine and feel gorgeous.  This Percy & Reed one has got a gorgeous smell, takes away frizz and gives a great shine.  You aren't supposed to touch your hair until 30 seconds after you've sprayed, that gives the fragrance time to settle and the oil to dry on your hair. 

Oriflame "Seeing is Believing" Eye Cream

Ah, Oriflame, how I love you.  I very nearly worked for them but FM suited me better.  I have quite a few Oriflame products and I love them all and this didn't disappoint although to be fair this is the first Oriflame skin care product I've tried, everything else has been make up.  I'm sure I am at the age where I'm supposed to be whacking on eye cream every night but I don't, I tend to forget (I'll probably regret it 20 years from now) I find a lot of them very heavy and I wake up with sore eyes which makes me look worse.  This is a bit different because this cream is applied in the morning to reduce puffiness and soothe tired eyes.  As with most eye creams you only need to apply a small amount using your ring finger.  After about 30 seconds of application you can feel a cool, tingly sensation underneath your eyes and it does feel like the skin is tightening and my eyes felt better and less puffy.  I don't use it every day, only when my eyes need a bit of help so it should last a while.  I would definitely buy this product from Oriflame though, when this one runs out.  Good choice Love Me Beauty!


Malin & Goetz Mojito Lip Balm

I think I've said before I don't have a particular passion for Lip Balm products, mainly because they are usually clear and I like colour on my lips as they are very pale.  My favourites usually are the Maybelline Babylips and the Burts Bees one that I reviewed a little while back.  However, if your lips are dry and sore this is a particularly good product because when I used it, literally overnight my lips felt so much better.  It is quite a thick and slidy balm which is why I probably would only use it at night so that it can soak right in whilst I'm asleep.  I wouldn't use this every day, I'd use the Maybelline one for everyday and keep this one for when my lips need a proper boost!

S5 Moisturising Cream for Dry Skin

This is a cute little handy handbag size moisturising cream from S5.  I have fairly dry skin and as this product is for dry skin I was interested to see what this was like.  I have to say I felt a bit non-plussed about this product.  It was a perfectly nice cream, not thick, sinks in very well but it didn't make my skin feel particularly nourished or very well moisturised.  I tried it a few times and each time I didn't feel like it was a good enough base for me to apply my make up, it didn't hydrate my skin enough, it still felt a bit tight so this isn't a product I would be purchasing to be honest.  Perhaps I need one for very dry skin (or mature!).

My favourite product out of them all is the Oriflame eye cream, I definitely got more out of this one than the others and I would purchase it again. 

1 comment:

  1. I'd never heard of this box but it looks super sweet.
    I hope you enjoy the goodies :)
    Gillian x EyelinerFlicks

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to read this post and to comment, I really appreciate it! Maria xx