1. When I find a lipstick I really like and know I'll want to replace I always go out and buy another one immediately, I got so tired of running out of my favourite lipstick and then finding it had been discontinued, this happened to me a lot a few years ago and it was so disappointing! So now, when I find one I really like and know it's going to be around for a while I replace it straight away. Saves the disappointment later on!
2. As my hair is quite curly I don't brush it and I use a wide tooth comb on it when it's wet to comb it through. A hairdresser recommended this to me years ago and I've stuck with it ever since. It stops frizz and helps with the whole split end thing. They are really inexpensive from Superdrug and Boots.
3. I absolutely love Sudocreme, not only is it good for nappy rash and other child related ailments, its brilliant for spots, eczema, dry skin, cracked heels (yuck) and I also use it for blisters in the summer when my shoes have rubbed and I'm in full limp mode! It doesn't cost very much and a large tub lasts for ages and ages, I always get the large tub as I have three accident prone little boys who are always falling off their scooters and bikes so it gets used a lot!
4. This is a weird one, I've realised I always wear a hairband on my wrist for my ponytail emergencies. I've got a lot of hair and when gets in the way, I like to know I can tie it back immediately when I need to. The only problem is that I have to be careful as its not good to have a band too tight round your wrist, it does bad things for circulation.
5. I've only started doing this in the past year and I think I blogged about it at the time, but I always use an in shower moisturiser now, they're really good and save time in the mornings. In the summer I use a spray on one as well. The best in shower one I've tried and loved is Nivea and I particularly like the Vaseline spray ones, they do three different ones, the cocoa butter one is gorgeous.
6. I always use a rosewater based toner as the astringent ones are too harsh for my skin. Not only does it smell nice it makes my skin feel really soft and smooth and is fabulous for getting off the last of the make up, including that stubborn bit of eyeliner that gets stuck in the corners of your eyes.
7. Another hair based one, Argan Oil. A while back my hairdresser used some on my hair and its never been so smooth. I'm a bit of a self confessed Argan Oil addict actually not just for hair but body washes and hand creams too. But the Argan Oil for hair is magnificent, it also lasts for ages because its not one of those products that gets used every day and as its mainly for the ends of your hair not the roots you don't have to use much. The one I use is Morrocan Argan Oil which I think I got from Waitrose but I know you can get it in Boots too. It's about £6.00 but like I say, it does last quite a while so it's worth it. I have been using it quite a lot recently as this weather is no fun for hair.
Photos below of some of the products I've mentioned. Have a happy week. Maria xx
|Nivea In Shower Moisturiser, the cocoa smells lovely|
|Vaseline Spray & Go Body Moisturiser, sinks in really quickly|
|Sudocreme - My Hero!|
|Max Factor Flipstick - loved this so much I went out and got another one the next day|