Saturday, 12 July 2014

Barry M nail varnish and a MAC lipstick

Hi beautiful people, this post is a replacement for my Beauty Aware Weekly Round Up, its become clear to me that I can't commit to a weekly post, as I've got too many other things going on that I have to prioritise, and things that get in the way of blogging (annoying though this is).   So I've been thinking about it and I've decided to change the title a bit, so its still a summary of the beauty bits and bobs of my week but isn't necessarily "weekly" and then I won't feel rubbish for not posting if I can't get round to it!

So, this week I've been loving my new Barry M nail varnish.  Now, this is a nail polish with a difference for me, because its not coral, red, or pastel shimmery pink.  Its a Barry M Gelly Hi Shine in a lovely lavender colour and its called "Prickly Pear" which I thought was a cute name.  Not my usual go to (not sure why) but then, it was an impulse buy in the queue at Superdrug (as you do), on sale so I got this one and a deep fuschia which I've yet to try.  I'm trying to remember the last time I had anything from Barry M, it was a while ago for sure.  I'm really impressed with this one, I love the colour and its pretty hard wearing, only a couple of chips and they were barely noticeable.  I put on two coats for longevity but one coat and a clear top coat would have been just as pretty as its such a lovely summery colour.

Barry M Gelly Hi Shine in Prickly Pear

Another purchase this week was a MAC lipstick, I've been dithering for ages about this because I wanted a new MAC lipstick but wasn't sure what colour to get. I've been avidly reading blog after blog review and Cockney Red seemed to pop up quite a lot, plus its quite a strong colour and that's what I was after.  Its very creamy and moisturising but not particularly long lasting, at least not for me, I tend to have to reapply a fair bit but I don't mind because it is such a lovely lipstick.  (The colour on my nails in the photo is Maybelline Color Show in Brick Shimmer).


MAC in Cockney Red

 My July GlossyBox was dispatched on Friday so should be here Monday or Tuesday, this will be my second month of receiving this particular parcel of goodies, I've no idea what will be in it, hopefully it will be as good as last month.

It was my birthday on Wednesday and among several lovely presents was a bottle of Chanel Chance from my husband.  I love Chanel perfume but never buy it for myself so I was really pleased to receive it.  Hubs took the day off work and we went holiday shopping and out for lunch which was really nice as we're hardly ever by ourselves but all the boys were at school so it was nice to escape for a few hours!  We're off to Florida in August with the boys and I needed a swimsuit so I went to M&S and got two really nice ones in the sale (well worth a look in my opinion, there's all sorts of nice stuff that has been reduced).

The purple one also comes in black and turquoise

These are the two that I bought, they aren't particularly glamorous but I was after something fairly functional as I'll be in the pool and sea with the boys so I know these aren't going to be everybodys cup of tea, BUT there are others in the M&S range that were less "Mummy" and some really lovely bikinis (in all sizes, including very small and very large which I was pleased to see!).  I've taken a photo of me in one of the swimsuits so you can see what it looks like on.  I'm quite tall (5ft 9) and a size 14 and as you can see, not a twiglet (lol), I deliberately chose ones with "tummy assistance" and a flattering ruched front and as you can see in the photo, these are standard leg, not high leg, I stayed away from high as I don't want my bum accidentally falling out in the kids pool!  The bra cups are slightly padded and shaped, I liked this as I need help in that department and the straps are adjustable.

I am SO getting a spray tan before my holiday!

Finally, for all you L'Occitane fans out there I had an email the other day showing lots of lovely new products and free delivery for orders that include any of their award winning products (this ends 13th July).  Also, L'Occitane are running a Summer Beach Party in their boutique stores between Tuesday 15th July and Thursday 17th July and you get a free gift of a cute pair of flip flops and a handcream if you spend over £35.  For more information see the website www.uk.loccitane.com.

Hope you have a lovely week.

Maria
xx









1 comment:

  1. I love that nail polish, and you look lovely in that swimsuit. I normally love L'Occitane products, but now I can only get them occasionally because of their high price point :/

    zoea2812.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to read this post and to comment, I really appreciate it! Maria xx