Sunday, 15 June 2014

Beauty Aware Weekly Round Up #4



Hey there beauty bloggers, long time no see, speak or read!  I've been away from blogging for far longer than I intended for various reasons, namely ill kids and half term but hey, that's boring news and here I am back with the Beauty Aware Weekly Round Up for a fourth time (which admittedly is two weeks after number three but there we are!).

Glossybox

So the first thing I want to share with you is that I this week I signed up to Glossybox.  I've been umming and arring for ages about whether to sign up for one of these beauty boxes and I did quite a lot of research beforehand.  I really liked the look of Glossybox, what swung it in the end was that I could unsubscribe at any time, so if I think they aren't worth the money and want to stop them, I can.  I had an email on Friday to say that it had been dispatched so it will be here next week, I'm so excited, I can't wait to see what's in it, I'll let you know what I think.


iPhone

This week was also the week that I finally gave up my Blackberry and got an iPhone.  My current contract ended and I was due an upgrade and I'd had nothing but problems with this last Blackberry which was a pity as I've had them for years without anything going wrong.  Anyway, long story short, I went down the iPhone route and I'm so glad I did, I love my new iPhone 5C (its blue).  One of the first things I did was get a cover for it though as it was immediately apparent that it would not last the week in my handbag without one!  I wanted something a bit different and I'd seen a Cath Kidston one which I really liked but it didn't fit and neither did the Radley one despite claiming to be suitable.  In the end I got a plain blue one from Tescos for £9.99 and its perfectly nice but I do need some sort of screen cover, which I'll probably get next week.  If anyone can recommend nice covers please do let me know!





iPhone 5C


What I've been wearing

This week I've been living in my Sainsburys dresses.  I recently discovered the Sainsburys TU range and I've bought three or four nice summer dresses from there.  They wash really well and the sizings seem to be true, by that I mean a size 14 which is what I am, is actually a 14 and not a large 12 or a small 16.  I'm doing a post on the Sainsburys TU range quite soon seeing as I'm wearing them a lot at the moment!  I've also been wearing a new nail varnish, from my favourite Maybelline Color Show range, this time the colour is No 342 Coral Craze.  I'm loving this colour as it seems to go with everything and quite a lot of my lipsticks are this sort of colour so its an easy colour to wear.


Maybelline Color Show 342 Coral Craze


Websites/Offers

Elf Cosmetics
Free shipping when you spend £10 or more and a huge range of SPF items, there's also loads of great bargains in the clearance section, about 50% off in some cases.

allbeauty.com
This is the place to go if you're after anything from Elizabeth Arden because there's a sale on, up to 80% off, so if you're running out of your 8 hour cream its definitely worth a look.

Monsoon
Ooh, I was really interested in this one, Monsoon have a sale on, there's some really nice tops and dresses online at the moment.  I also popped into my local Monsoon in town yesterday to have a look, there's a small selection in store as well but most of it seems to be online.  I got a great summer dress last year that I've literally worn again and again and I love to death.  I'm really hoping I can find another amazing bargain that I love this year.

I'm off now to catch up on my blog reading as I am way, way behind, the husband has taken the kids out for a couple of hours so it's just me and the dog, I'm off to get the kettle on.

Have a good week.

Maria
xx



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to read this post and to comment, I really appreciate it! Maria xx