Wednesday, 21 May 2014

Revlon Colorstay Lipstick "Finale"

Happy Wednesday Beauty Bloggers, hope this week is going well for you.  I've got a lipstick review for you today.  I've probably mentioned before that I've got a bit of a thing about long lasting lipsticks, I don't really mind re-applying my lippie during the day but I'd rather not have to bother so whenever I find one that claims to last a while I always try it.

My latest purchase is this one, Revlon ColorStay Ultimate Suede, No 095, in Finale.



I think it's quite a strong colour, it looks very pillarbox red, but when its on (and eventually when it fades a bit) it tones down to a reddish/dark pink.  Sorry, I'm not explaining myself very clearly here but I think you might be able to see what I mean from the photo!

I was pleased that it lasted too, through cups of tea and lunch and actually pretty much all day.  I found that when it faded it did fade from the middle of my lips first, thus leaving what could have ended up as a rim which I hate but I think I probably need to be a bit more careful in my initial application of it, its a strong colour and probably could have done with maybe a lip primer, blotting and re-applying when I put it on first thing.  I wore it to a wedding the other week and was really pleased with it, it only needed a small touch up after the wedding breakfast and actually I could have got away without it.  The other thing I like is that being such a strong colour its also very season friendly, it goes with the spring and summer wardrobes really well and I think it would pretty much suit most skin tones.

Here's the link to the Revlon website showing the lipstick and other colours you can get in the same range Revlon ColorStay Lipsticks.  Interestingly, you can see from the Revlon website that Finale (which is the colour I'm wearing) looks very pink in the picture when in actual fact its quite red.  Just goes to show that what you see on screen isn't always what you get!

I've got a couple of other lipstick reviews in the pipeline and I'll be back in the next couple of days with this weeks' round up.

Maria
xx

2 comments:

  1. Such a pretty colour - I haven't heard much about these! Great review!

    makeupbyjesswhitbread.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. This color looks great on you! I have one of these in a neutral shade - can't remember the name right now - and I do like the formula.

    katespitz.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to read this post and to comment, I really appreciate it! Maria xx