Monday, 19 May 2014

Bodywash Collection | May

Welcome to the May Bodywash Collection, there's only three this month but they are all a bit different from each other, it makes for an interesting array in my shower!  Out of the three pictured below, my favourite this month is the Radox Coconut Kiss, as its the one I seem to have used most of.


May Bodywash Collection


Radox Coconut Kiss Shower Cream
I must confess the thing that drew me towards this bodywash was the price because it was only £1.00 (I do love a bargain) but when I started using it I knew I'd go back and buy it again regardless of what price it was.  For anyone that loves the smell of coconut, this one is for you.  Its extremely creamy and moisturising and has a proper coconut smell, in fact it smells a bit like a Bounty bar you're sort of wondering where the chocolate is when you smell this.  My skin felt moisturised all day after using this, which was particularly good as I'd been caught by the sun when I was out on Saturday (shoulders, missed a bit with the SPF) and my skin was a bit sore, and I found this very soothing.  There are others in this range, though I think they are all fruit smells which I'm not so keen on but I still might try them. 

Original Source Mint and Tea Tree Shower Gel
Wow, this stuff wakes you up for sure!  If you've got a blocked up nose it'll clear it, no doubt about that.  I love mint, the taste, the smell, my favourite ice cream is mint choc chip so I knew this was probably going to be a thumbs up from me.  As well as being minty (the bottle tells you how many mint leaves its got in it) this shower gel has the added bonus of Tea Tree oil which as far as I'm concerned is the cure for all skin evils.  You can really feel the tea tree tingling as it mixes with the mint.  Now, this isn't the most relaxing shower you'll ever have because you'll be acutely aware of the smell but its certainly invigorating and while I didn't find it a particularly moisturising gel it didn't irritate my skin either which was good.  The only thing I don't like about this is the packaging.  I don't like the flip top lid, for some reason I found it fiddly to open and with this bottle if you squeeze too much you get too much gel and if you don't squeeze enough you don't get any at all.  But they are just my little gripes, I know this brand has been going for years so they must be doing something right!  

Champney's Skin Comforting Shower Cream
What can I say about this?  It's Champney's so I'm only going to say good things.  I went to a Champney's Spa a couple of years ago with my Mum and sisters and it was great.  Their products are gorgeous, so luxurious and this doesn't let you down, this one has coconut oil (coconuts again!) and milk proteins in it, both of which contribute to the very soft skin you end up with.  I think this was a present but I've seen Champney's products in Boots and you can buy them online here at the Champney's website.  As it happens I see they are on sale at £4 online at the moment so grab yourself a bargain before they run out!

Maria
xx

4 comments:

  1. I love the Original Source shower gels, except this one! I HATE the mint and tea tree one, it left my skin feeling horrible and cold for ages, I thought I was coming down with the flu! Not my cup of tea but I guess each to their own! Love the Radox coconut kiss though, that smells absolutely lush!

    beautyfullsparx.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, that mint one is an acquired taste isn't it? Its not one for every day I don't think just special days when you need extra help waking up! I'm stocking up on the Radox one, its such a nice smell.

      Delete
  2. I have tried all of these apart from the Champneys one. May have to get that one tomorrow :)

    zoea2812.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love Champney's stuff, when I was at the Spa that time, I nearly bought a gorgeous dry body oil but I was running out of money by that time, I keep forgetting to put it on my birthday and Christmas lists!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to read this post and to comment, I really appreciate it! Maria xx