Friday, 9 May 2014

Beauty Aware Weekly Round Up #1


Hi there beauty bloggers, welcome to the Beauty Aware Weekly Round Up (I'm sorry, I couldn't think of a more exciting post title) which consists of all sorts of stuff that I want to tell you, but doesn't warrant a post all by itself, I've done little headings so it breaks it down a bit.  I don't think the headings will be the same each week, I'll see how it goes, its a work in progress but I thought it would be good for me to do something other than reviews.  I've also recently tried to plan some sort of a blogging schedule because I've realised that I'm a bit erratic and I want to get into a routine.  Well, that's the plan anyway!    









I'm happy because ...

Advantage Card
My replacement Boots Advantage Card arrived!  I lost mine in January so I've missed many points (which is just so annoying), I'm really glad to have it back.  

Hair
I had "the bits of my hair that aren't red" tinted on Thursday at my local Toni & Guy Salon.  To be fair, I've got very few grey hairs and nobody else notices them but me but they make me feel old.  So they had to go!  I feel better now.  Its the first time I've had this done, I think I might be able to cover it up myself a bit cheaper though, I'm investigating an organic and mineral hair colour by Daniel Field which I might use in the future.

Gym
I managed to lift 7.5kg weights at the gym for the second week in a row.  My arms were absolutely pathetic (and a bit wobbly) when I started with this trainer, so I'm really quite proud that I can do this now.  It's a pity I practically pass out every time I go on the rowing machine but hey ho, I'll get there!


I'm reading ...

The Anti Ageing Beauty Bible
I was very excited when I got this book (pressie from husband at my request) as I'd read lots of great reviews on it and I really wanted to have a look.  So far it's fantastic, loads of amazing tips that I will most definitely be taking notice of.  

Women's Health Magazine
This is my replacement for Zest Magazine which sadly ceased publication back in January, I've been reading it since it first came out years and years ago so it was a bit sad when they stopped producing it.  However, I have to say I am loving Women's Health magazine, the format is really good.  I was a bit worried it would be like the Men's Health version which seems to be all about getting enormous muscles and how to use the right chat up lines with women in nightclubs, but it's not, its a sensible, fun health and fitness magazine for women, loads of good exercise tips and some great beauty articles too.  

I'm wearing ...

Max Factor Rosewood Lipstick
Its always in my make up bag and I've been using it for years but recently have tried different coloured lipsticks, mainly Coral ones for some reason.  This one never fails for me though, it goes with everything and is really long lasting.

Theirry Mugler "Angel" Perfume
I had this for my birthday last year, I love this smell, it reminds me of the summer.  


Website offers this week ...

This is just a bit of a heads up on few offers from emails that I've been sent this week, I'm subscribed to all sorts of beauty and fashion websites so a lot of my emails are from them, I love making use of some of the discount codes, I do love a bargain! 


lookfantastic.com - Various deals including 3 for 2 on L'Oreal Professional
Mix and Match Shampoos, Conditioners and Hair Treatments.

marksandspencer.com - Up to 50% off selected items in the online sale.

Beautybay.com - 20% off Mychelle Dermateuticals Serious Hyluronic Firming Serum.

HQHair.com - Midweek treats, save 15% when you spend £50, enter code HQHAIR50


So that's the end of my first round up, see you next week!  Have a good weekend.


Maria
xx




2 comments:

  1. The Anti Ageing Beauty Bible sounds like a book a lot of us could use! Will you do a review when you have finished reading it? xoxo Lauren

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Lauren, yes the Beauty Bible is a really good book, I will definitely review it when I'm finished. I've learnt loads already, have you checked out the Beauty Bible website, that's really good as well. xx

      Delete

Thank you for taking the time to read this post and to comment, I really appreciate it! Maria xx