Wednesday, 2 April 2014

Max Factor Flipsticks | Review of the Reds

Hey there beautiful people, I'm really excited about this lipstick, not least because I've been lamenting for ages about the fact that my best ever lipstick (Max Factor No 804) has been discontinued by Max Factor and I have been struggling to find a replacement for it.

I did a lot of research and eventually went onto the Max Factor UK Facebook page (not sure why I didn't try there first but never mind) and interestingly someone had posted a question about my fave lippy and asked what they recommended as a replacement for it.  Max Factor replied that it might be worth trying the Max Factor Flipstick Colour Effect in Salsa Red.  They are a relatively new product, by that I mean you can still get them in the shops, you don't have to go online to get them.  They are a bit more expensive in the shops though, you can get them cheaper online.



Flipsticks are essentially double ended lipstick, can't get simpler than that.  I'm always dubious about these though because I nearly always find that I prefer one colour to the other and it seems such a waste to end up with a whole lipstick that hardly ever gets worn.  However, these colours have been chosen to compliment each other, you can wear them together, or alone, the light over the dark colour or vice versa.  I got two Flipsticks, the recommended one Salsa Red and another one called Gipsy Red.


There is a difference, Salsa is more coral/red, Gipsy is more orange/red.  Out of the two the one I prefer most is the Salsa Red, I put the dark colour on first then the light over the top as this is a better match for the colour that I was trying to replace but I have been wearing the Gipsy Red (perhaps a bit orange for me might be better as a summer colour) and I do really like it.  The staying power is pretty good, they don't wipe off immediately and they also don't dry your lips out either which is great.





The only downside is that because they are double ended they are a much thinner lipstick than normal and therefore I have to be careful not to wind it up too much as I'm afraid it will break, and also of course, I'm not sure it'll last quite as long but when they run out I'll definitely be replacing them so I guess that says it all!  I think they're about £8.99 in the shops, I got mine for less than that on Amazon but was careful to choose a supplier that did free postage!

There are other colours in the Flipstick Colour Effect range but I chose these two as I thought they would suit me most.  I'm a big fan of Max Factor lipsticks and these have definitely not let me down!

Maria
xx

1 comment:

  1. Oooh I hadn't heard of these before but they sound interesting!

    makeupbyjesswhitbread.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to read this post and to comment, I really appreciate it! Maria xx