Saturday, 12 April 2014

Favourite Beauty Products | March

Hey there beautiful people, I'm really late with the March favourites aren't I?  The boys are now off school and I've had visitors all week so I'm very behind with all my blogging and videos, but here's an attempt to rectify that situation!

March seemed to come and go so quickly I don't know why.  I did use lots of products and I bought lots as well but these are the ones that stood out for me and that I really feel are my favourites.

March Favourites


In Third Place ... is my Maybelline Color Show Nail Varnish in Urban Coral.  I've literally worn this for weeks.  Its such a gorgeous colour and seems to go with everything and is very hard wearing with only one or two coats.  The photo doesn't do the colour justice, it looks a bit orange, when it is, in fact, a very lovely coral colour.  I was so pleased with it that I got two others in the Color Show Range which I've yet to use but they were on an offer which was 2 for £5.99, too good to miss.  The only thing I would say is that I haven't used a base coat (because I'm lazy) and this varnish does have a tendency to stain your nails a bit, so its probably wise to use one, I'm going to next time.

In Second Place ... is my new best friend, Nivea In-Shower Moisturiser.  This is absolutely gorgeous stuff.  I've said before that I'm lazy with body moisturiser which is why I was so thrilled with the Vaseline Spray on moisturisers but this is better again, because you put it on in the shower after your normal bodywash, rinse it off and then you're done, that's it.  Its definitely made a difference to my arms and legs, actually my legs in particular because they've been hidden under jeans or leggings all winter (out of sight out of mind, though I do shave them regularly - lol) but they were pasty and a bit dry.  Not any longer, still a bit pale but lovely and soft - hooray!  I am going through this moisturiser like nobody's business as I'm using it every day, but at the moment I notice that in most supermarkets and also Boots they've got it on offer with some money off so worth stocking up as its definitely going to be one of my shower staples now.

Finally, in First Place ... is the product that saved me this month, Garnier Roll-On for Eyes.  I've noticed this product in the shops before but I've never got any until now, partly because of the whole "under eye area is very delicate" thing and I did wonder if I should be rolling caffeine onto it!  However, I was very tired this month, getting over being poorly myself and various poorly children and not much sleep and I was looking really tired and no amount of Touche Eclat was helping!  I don't care about getting lines but I don't like looking tired.  So anyway, I spied this in the supermarket and thought I'd give it a go.  I am glad I did.  Its fab.  Its got caffeine and antioxidant grape extract in it and, as the box states, is "Anti Bags and Anti Dark Circles".  It worked for me, my eyes weren't dark but I did have some rather sizeable bags which needed to be sorted out.  Its in a really handy pen type container with a roller ball end.  The roller ball has a massage action which reportedly encourages drainage, it does seem to work so I suspect the mixture of the caffeine and the grape extract and the rolling does help the puffiness to reduce.  I wasn't sure whether to put it on before or after my make up and I've tried both and it works the same regardless so I keep one in my handbag as well incase I need a little top up during the day.  I should say that you only get 15ml which I guess really isn't very much and its about £10 which actually did sting a bit but it was worth it,  I don't use it every day, only when I feel I need a bit of help.  I also bought a Garnier under eye concealer at the same time but I haven't used that yet, that's for a future review.

So there we are, my top three products for March.  As well as being behind in my own blogging, I'm behind in reading everyone elses as well so I'm looking forward to catching up with all your March faves and other posts very soon.

Maria
xx

3 comments:

  1. Great post! I have only heard good things bout the garnier roll on eye. With a little baby maybe I should try a cooling eye cream. haha
    Follower
    http://reneehartsthis.blogspot.com.au/
    Renee x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great list! That nail polish is so pretty! xoxo Lauren

    http://www.willsingformakeup.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for your lovely comments I love doing the monthly favourite posts! x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to read this post and to comment, I really appreciate it! Maria xx