Monday, 31 March 2014

Pixi by Petra Flawless Beauty Primer | Review



Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

I have an on-off relationship with primer, I've tried a few, some I've liked, some I've bought again and some I would never buy again.  My latest primer tryout is the Flawless Beauty Primer from pixi by petra, I've had products from this brand before and really liked them, in particular a couple of good blushers that went on like a dream and actually stayed on all day.

I came across this primer when I was perusing my favourite website of the moment, Beautybay.com, it was on sale and I was intrigued, it had really good reviews and in particular I liked it because its hypoallergenic, fragrance free and has got Vitamins A and E in it.  Also, all the other primers I've used have been clear, this one is slightly tinted.  I got No 1, Even Skin as I'm quite pale and I thought it wouldn't be too dark.  



This primer is lovely.  It reminds me very much of one I had from Prescriptives (sadly now discontinued by Estee Lauder), the consistency is very light and not greasy, also unlike other primers it doesn't leave your skin feeling heavy and weighed down.  The tint is great, I do put foundation over the top but I think if I was on holiday I could get away with just having the primer on during the day, it does balance out an uneven skin tone.  It doesn't have an SPF and its not a concealer so that's still required but it went over the top of my concealer very nicely and my make up stayed on my face all day, no sliding off even at the gym!  This RRP's at around £20.00 but you can get it for less on the beauty Beauty Bay website.  I've photographed the blurb on the back of the box below, so you can see exactly what its got in it and what it does.


If anyone else has got a primer they love or recommend do let me know, I love hearing about what other people use.  Oh, and I've just remembered, I think you can get pixi by petra products in some of the larger Boots stores, I'm sure that's where I got my blushers from even though it was a while ago now.

Have a Happy Monday!

Maria
xx



2 comments:

  1. This sounds like a lovely primer! I love using the Elemis Pro Radiance Illuminating Balm as a primer for my makeup! Great post!

    makeupbyjesswhitbread.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. This sounds like a great primer.I may have to pick this up when I finish my current one.

    katespitz.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to read this post and to comment, I really appreciate it! Maria xx