Saturday, 1 February 2014

The Liebster Award

Morning beauty bloggers, I'm so chuffed to have been nominated for a Liebster Award by the lovely Meli R who writes a blog called  Polish and Lemonade you really need to check out her blog, its absolutely gorgeous.  I hope I've done the link right, please let me know if it doesn't work.

I think this award is a really lovely idea, aimed at new blogs who have less than 200 followers, its a great way to get new blogs out there and noticed.  Personally, I'm over the moon when anyone reads my blog anyway, so to be nominated for this made my week!




These are the answers to the questions that Meli asked me:

1.  If you could travel anywhere in the world, where would you go?
I would love to visit Australia, I've never been there and my best school friend who I've known since I was six now lives there and I would love to see her.

2.  Favourite Movie
My favourite ever movie is Apollo 13, because I love Tom Hanks (and we share a birthday) and I am fascinated with anything to do with space (I don't understand it, just fascinated by it).

3.  Who would you like to meet in person (alive or dead) and why?
I would like to meet Stephen Fry, he's funny, flawed and you could have a great conversation with him.

4.  Which is your favourite season?
My favourite season is Spring, its so lovely to come out of the cold winter, see the sun and all the flowers.

5.  What are your three celebrity crushes?
Well, there's Tom (Hanks) of course, Alan Alda (from the 70's tv programme M*A*S*H)  he is probably about 70 now but he was uber cute in that programme. And finally, Hugh Boneville who plays Lord Grantham in Downton Abbey.  Don't ask me why, I can't tell you because I don't know, I just like  him.  I am noticing a theme here though, they are all older men aren't they?  Hilarious, since my husband is 9 years younger than me!

6.  Give two random facts about yourself
OK so random fact number 1 is that I went to University as a mature student when I was 28 and passed my degree with a 2:1 three years later.  And fact number 2 is that I married the bloke who lived next door to me in halls! 

7.  Favourite Accessory
My favourite accessory is a pair of diamond earrings my mum and dad bought for me to wear on my wedding day.  They are really pretty and unobtrusive and the only expensive diamonds I own apart from my engagement ring.  I wear them all the time.

8.  Current Obsession
Currently I am obsessed with bloglovin' I'm on the site all the time!

9.  Favourite colour to paint nails
My favourite colour to paint my nails is "Kyoto Pearl", which is an OPI nail varnish and I love it because it doesn't chip easily and even when it does it doesn't show!

10.  Favourite singer
My favourite singer at the moment is Ellie Goulding.  She's got such a pretty voice and all her songs are so catchy.

11.  Name two Youtubers/Bloggers you like
Ooh, this is a tough one, its taken me ages to answer this question but here goes:  
Lily Pebbles and Fashionable Heart.  These were two of the first blogs I ever read and were such an inspiration.


And these are the questions I'm asking the lovely bloggers I'm nominating:

  1. What's the name and brand of your favourite lipstick?
  2. What book would you take with you to read on a desert island?
  3. Whose celebrity style do you admire?
  4. What's your favourite song?
  5. What are your top three perfumes?
  6. Which radio station do you listen to most?
  7. What's the one beauty item you can't live without?
  8. How often do you go out without make up?
  9. What's the best piece of beauty advice you've ever been given?
  10. Favourite brand of mascara?
  11. Do you read any beauty magazines, if so, which ones?

So, now here are the blogs that I am nominating:


  1. Kathleen Pavey
  2. Heart Ocean Secrets
  3. Lovehellogorgeous
  4. Pink Rainbow Drop
  5. xbeautypie
  6. Birch Beauty
  7. Lace, Lipstick & Me
  8. Little Thoughts From Little People
  9. Frankie Alex (Fresh Britain)
  10. Steph Ellis
  11. Girlsgotaface


Rules 

You have to link back to the person who nominated you
You have to answer 11 questions
You have to nominate 11 blogs with less than 200 followers to answer your questions
You are not allowed to nominate the person who nominated you
Finally, you must let the people know that they have been nominated



OPI in Kyoto Pearl

So there we are, thanks again to Melle R from Polish and Lemonade for nominating me, I really enjoyed doing this post.





Maria 
xx

4 comments:

  1. You are sooo sweet! I love your blog too! I watch downton abbey too, but i'm a bit disappointed about the new season, i just don't like it without matthew :( and i love ellie goulding, her song are amazing!
    also i really wanted to follow you on GFC but i can't find the button in your blog, is it ok if i follow you on google +? please let me know :)
    xx
    Melisa
    Polish & Lemonade

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the nomination!:')
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the nomination!:')
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you so much for nominating me, I just did the post! http://lacelipstickandme.blogspot.co.uk/2014/02/the-liebster-blog-award-5-6-and-7.html x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to read this post and to comment, I really appreciate it! Maria xx