Saturday, 15 February 2014

Poorly is not Pretty

It had to happen.  The boys seem to have had a cold for most of January, I've managed to dodge it up until now but the other night I woke up with a really sore throat and uh oh, here we go.  It's just a cold, not flu but I feel horrible anyway.

So, I've been knocking back Night Nurse and wow its strong!  But it does work, you have to be careful not to use it with other products containing paracetamol though, that's very important.  Usually, I'm awake at the slightest sound of one of the boys moving in the night but I slept right through a "bad dream" emergency the other night and had to be shaken awake!

I'm all for soldiering on but being poorly isn't pretty is it?  Red nose, very pale face, bloodshot eyes, dry skin, sore lips, the list goes on and on (oh and the dreaded cold sores - yuck).  I've devised my own little makeup regime for poorly days, for me less is definitely more.  If I wear too much make up trying to disguise all the flaws I just seem to look worse.

So these are the products that have saved me this week:







Laura Mercier Mineral Powder

Max Factor Mascara

Laura Mercier angled cheek brush and powder brush

Witch Hazel Concealer

Dainty Doll Blusher

Max Factor Lipstick (No 804 - sadly now discontinued!)

Urban Decay Naked Basics Palette


I didn't use any foundation as it just made me look worse, so I just used a bit of concealer and a swoosh of powder on my face, then put the blusher on.  For my eyes I used the paler colours of the Naked Basics palette and a little bit of mascara on the upper and lower lashes.  The red lipstick looks really bright but its actually one of those ones that goes on very light which is what I used it for as it made me look just about human, but if you need a deeper colour use a lip brush and layer it on!  I like this one as it stays on even when you're using a tissue every five minutes to blow your nose.

The Naked Basics palette is a recent purchase and I am really impressed with it.  The colours are so lovely and its really long lasting make up.  I've been using a Bobbi Brown neutral palette which is very similar but these colours seem to suit me better.

Anyway, lets hope that's the last of the germs at least for a while!  Half term next week, think I might just stay in my PJ's all week ...

Have a great weekend everyone!

Maria
xx















2 comments:

  1. Beautiful photography! Hope you feel better soon
    Kathleen xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey lovely, Love your blog, I nominated you for the Liebster award, click on my blog to have a look if your interested :) laceandlovexo.blogspot.com.au

    Dani x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to read this post and to comment, I really appreciate it! Maria xx