Friday, 7 February 2014

Superdrug haul ... Barry M, Max Factor and Maybelline

See, now this little lot is why I shouldn't go shopping when I'm grumpy!  I was in town after the morning school run on Wednesday and the bank didn't open until 0930 so I nipped into Superdrug, initially to get some tissues (and get out of the rain), twenty minutes later I appeared to have bought all this but no tissues!

I must say though, I am quite happy with it all, most of these items were on sale so I don't feel too bad.  Below is a little prĂ©cis of what I got.


Two Barry M brushes, one for eyeliner and one for eyeshadow.  I have to say these were an impulse buy, I haven't tried them yet but I hope they're good.  I was drawn to the colours!   My current brushes are a mish mash of various ones that I've accumulated over the years, I love them but they don't match, which isn't a problem for me but I do need to get some new ones.  I'm doing a post on make up brushes soon so if my ramblings on brushes interests you, watch this space!

Two Max Factor Flip Stick lipsticks (try saying that quickly!), I'm a massive Max Factor lipstick fan, they always stay put for a start and there's such a great range of colours.  With the flipsticks you put one colour on then another over the top - voila!  Essentially you've got three lippies in one stick, one at each end then the colour combined.  They are lovely colours, very vibrant and great consistency.  They also appear to have the Max Factor staying power that I like, bonus.  There are four or five Flipsticks in the range so I'm going to try a few.

Then there's the Maybelline nail varnish, one lovely coral colour (I'm drawn to that colour at the moment for some reason) and one neutral colour.  They are both gel varnishes so I am hoping that they have some staying power.  I got these because I need an injection of new nail varnish colours in my stock, I tend to go for the same sort of colour over and over again, playing it safe and I need to branch out a bit I think.

Lastly, bit boring this one, but nail varnish remover pads.  These are Superdrugs own brand, I love these, they aren't very expensive and they don't dry out quickly so you only need one pad for two hands, possibly two if you're wearing a dark colour.

So that's it, short and sweet, hope you all have great weekends!

Maria
xx


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to read this post and to comment, I really appreciate it! Maria xx