Tuesday, 28 January 2014

Phil Smith Curly Locks

Over the years I must have tried almost every product on the market on my curly hair, I'm a sucker for a headline, especially ones that say "tames frizz" and "smoothes unruly curls".   I've got my favourites but I tend to chop and change, thus resulting in quite a lot of partly used hair products in the bathroom cabinet much to my husbands amusement, I say amusement, its probably annoyance but I choose to view it as amusement ...

Anyway, the one I've been using for a while now is Phil Smith's Curl Cream.  Phil Smith has a variety of products, but I've only used this one and a smoothing serum (which you don't need much of!).  This product has recently been updated (new/improved?) and I have to say I preferred the smell of the old one (it smelled like coconut sun cream and made me think of holidays) but the end result is the same.  The cream itself quite sticky and you don't need much of it, if you overload it really weighs your hair down, not at first but you do notice it once you've blow dried it.  I think I'm supposed to use a diffuser but I don't although I do get better results with a diffuser but its very time consuming as my hair dries so slowly and I don't have that sort of time in the mornings unless I get up at 5am which I'm not going to do just for my hair!

It really is curl controlling!

The end result though, is great.  It does actually define the curls but doesn't look "sticky" and also it does help with frizz too, OK so not in a thunderstorm but general getting wet to and from the car or whilst walking the dog.  Its quite a good price as well around the £5.00 mark, I get mine in the supermarket (Sainsburys) but I've also seen it in Boots.  Sainsburys usually have some kind of a deal on, either half price or three for two so I tend to stock up.

If there are any curly hair products that you've tried and would recommend I'd love to hear about them.

Read my post on Phil Smith Cocolicious Shampoo for a review on that, it's gorgeous!

Maria
xx


3 comments:

  1. Hi!, I really like your blog so I nominated you for The Liebster Award! Check the nomination out on my blog:
    http://polish-andlemonade.blogspot.com/

    xx
    Melisa

    ReplyDelete
  2. I tend to chop and change, thus resulting in quite a lot of partly used hair products in the bathroom cabinet much to my husbands amusement, I say amusement, its probably annoyance but I choose to view it as amusement . locksmith in brownsburg indiana

    ReplyDelete
  3. The cream itself quite sticky and you don't need much of it, if you overload it really weighs your hair down, not at first but you do notice it once you've blow dried it. locksmith indy

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to read this post and to comment, I really appreciate it! Maria xx