Sunday, 26 January 2014

NTA's - my six favourite celeb outfits

I do love award season, we've already had the Golden Globes and next month is the Oscars in LA, it really brightens up the dull old Winter with a bit of glamour.  Here in the UK last Wednesday was the National Television Awards, this is where all the TV soaps and dramas of the past year are awarded.   I raced home from Pilates not to see who got the awards particularly, but so I could have a look at all the celebrities swishing up the red carpet wearing their best party clothes as I love a good nosey at what people are wearing, I've no idea of the designers mind you.  So, in no particular order, I'm sharing with you all my six favourite outfits of the night (and two I wasn't so keen on).



First up, Holly Willoughby.  This is a great dress, its so shapely and suits her so well.  I imagine there's some kind of gravity defying corset going on under there and I bet her back was aching by the end of the night but she looked fab.










Next is Holly's best friend, Fearne Cotton.  Fearne always gets a big tick from all the magazines for her style, she can pretty much wear whatever she likes and she looks great, she's got an eclectic style and seems to carry off clothes that the rest of us can't! Anyway, onto her NTA dress.  I thought this was a great look on her, its so sophisticated and pretty and she really stands out on that red carpet in the dark.













This is Rochelle Humes from The Saturdays.  I love the unusual colour of this dress and the long lacy sleeves, it was lashing down with wind and rain on Wednesday evening so I bet she was glad her arms were covered up!  I like her bag as well.

















This is olympic medallist Rebecca Adlington and model Amy Willerton, and both just recently released from the Australian jungle (I'm A Celebrity Get Me Out Of Here).  Both of these dresses suit these ladies perfectly, Rebecca's shows off her great arms and Amy's gone for something princessy, you can't see it in the photo but the back of the dress is cut away, its very pretty.














Lastly, bravo to Tess Daly for wearing something different, ie trousers.  I really liked this on her plus she was also clearly dressing for the British weather!  Tess has been going up and down red carpets for years now and she's done the posh dress thing, plus she wears them all on a Saturday night whilst doing Strictly Come Dancing.  Apart from the fact that she looks great, its so different from everybody else that her outfit really stood out.















And now a couple that I wasn't so keen on, I'm a nice person so I'm not going to be really horrible about them but I've seen both of these ladies wearing much nicer outfits than the ones they chose last week.



Kelly Brook usually looks lovely but I really don't think this is the best choice for her, it swamps her and she's forgotten her bra although I doubt you could wear one with this dress.  Also, it was COLD that night, so what with the plunging neckline and the great big split up the side she must have been a bit chilly!



Caprice.  Ditto freezing cold like Kelly above.  Not sure on the whole "you can see my knickers" thing either, there's see through lace and there's see through lace, right?  


















I can't wait to see what the rest of the award outfits are like for the other ceremonies, roll on the Oscars!

Maria
xx


1 comment:

  1. Fearne and Tess are my faves!
    Kathleen xxx

    kathleenpavey.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to read this post and to comment, I really appreciate it! Maria xx