Friday, 3 January 2014

Happy New Year (belated ...)

Happy New Year!  I'm sorry I'm days late with this, clearly my "let's be more organised this year" resolution has already fallen by the wayside!  Hopefully I will be more successful with my other resolutions (listed a bit later in the post).

I've given quite a lot of thought to my resolutions this year because what usually happens is that I have a list and then by the end of January (or earlier) I've broken every single one of them.  That's a bit depressing in itself, who needs to fail that early in the year?  So, last year I didn't make any which was fine but I felt a bit of a party pooper when people asked what my hopes were for the coming year and I said "nothing".  Anyway, this year I've given it a lot of thought and decided only to write down what I think will be achievable.  This does not include dieting as I'll get to next Friday and reach for the chocolate biscuits and then eat the entire packet, then feel guilty (and sick!) and I'm not going to resolve to stop worrying about everything because I've been a worrier for the last 35 years of my life so I doubt it's going to change now!  

I love the way that New Year enables us to start again, get rid of anything negative from the last twelve months and move on in a positive way.  On that note, please see below the 2014 resolutions from Mrs Byrom, ta da!

  
Get Fit!



Get Fit

By "Get Fit", I don't mean lose weight, I mean get fit inside.  I want to tone up, increase my stamina, eat five a day, drink more water and reduce my weekly crisp intake by 50%!  I was given a few personal trainer sessions for Christmas from my mother-in-law, (don't worry, I did ask for him, he wasn't a hint from her to say you're too fat, get your backside down the gym) and I am really quite excited about it, partly because I'll feel like a celeb for a few weeks with my personal trainer but also because it'll be something just for me, no kids, no husband, no dog "byee, I'm off to the gym, see you in an hour". I will, of course, let you know how I get on, good or bad!

Get Organised

Currently I live in muddled chaos, which means that my desk is messy, my handbag is a disaster, I am always losing both pairs of glasses and those flipping letters from school just seem to always get lost, I'm always the last mother to send in the money for the school trip and I don't seem to be able to pair up socks very well, we're all walking round in odd socks in this house (black but with different coloured toes).   I was a PA for years and when I had my appraisal I was always applauded for my "organisational skills".  So I figured, if I could do it at work, in an office and organise twenty or more people, plus myself then I can do it at home for five people and a soppy Cockerpoo.  Lists, lists and more lists, that's the answer.  And stick to them!

Get Patient

Lastly, this is a short one but important.  I live in a busy house and I'm tired a lot of the time and that makes me irritable.  But I don't want my kids to grow up remembering me as a ratty old bag so I am going to try to be more patient with them, even when they are driving me nuts first thing in the morning because they can't find their reading books and I've had to tell them twelve times to get their coats on because we're late.  Deep breath and count to ten before snapping like Cruella De Ville.

(I'm also resolving to blog more often and sort out my website which is OK but needs work).

Happy 2014 to everybody, I really hope it brings you everything you wish for.

Maria 
xx
  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to read this post and to comment, I really appreciate it! Maria xx