Monday, 20 January 2014

Blue Monday with Green Tea

Green Tea with Mint is less really quite nice!


Today is Monday 20th January and reportedly the most depressing day of the year so far, apparently we have all run out of money, all the big bills are plopping on the doormat, we're unfit and unhealthy due to the excesses of Christmas, the weather is cold and its dark.  This description of a day is enough to depress anybody, and I can say that because I've had depression myself, albeit mild and not as bad as some people have it!  So with all the news reports forcing me to be depressed I sat down with a Green Tea and decided to ignore the bills, the dark and my cellulite and write down five things that make today quite alright actually.  

  1. Today is my eldest son's 9th birthday
  2. The sun is shining
  3. My littlest son declared he wanted to be the tooth fairy when he grew up (a boy one, apparently)
  4. My Naked Urban Decay Basics palette arrived from Beauty Bay
  5. Its only 9 more weeks until the clocks change for the summer

I know we're not always in the right place to even try to be positive but sometimes when you remind yourself of the little things it helps, I think.

Quick word about Green Tea, I'm drinking it as part of my January detox (which I am struggling with, I can't see myself lasting another week) and although I have always hated the bitter taste of Green Tea I do quite like this one with Mint, its growing on me plus its got loads of antioxidants in it which hopefully will be good for my skin and according to my trainer will assist with weight loss (we'll see about that!).

Happy Blue Monday everyone!

Maria 
xx 





No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to read this post and to comment, I really appreciate it! Maria xx